Friday, April 25, 2008

Stupid Moles

So I go home for lunch today (mmm Popeyes), and I'm on the phone talking to my mom out in the backyard when i begin to notice the ground moving. Yes, protruding up from the ground kinda like some dead body in an Indian burial ground, only smaller.

So off I go to get a shovel to kill this thing and by the time I come back the movement has of course stopped. I look around and theres mole tracks all over my yard. At this point, I'm pissed and begin stabbing wildly at the ground with the shovel in the area that it was popping up. Cursing the thing and laughing a little bit know that it surely hadn't survived my broad attack. "Shock and awe" anyone?

I eventually dug up a shovel full in the area fully expecting to find the slain beast, but nope. Damn thing took off. What the crap!? How fast are these things? They don't have eyes and worm their way around in the dirt. So here I am sweating my butt off, ticked, a worm obviously scurrying away in the wake of my tirade, and a wasp flying around my head. WASP! I take off running, then a frog jumps away in front of me. I jump, kick the thing for scaring me and run inside and slam the door. Crap! I just wanted to come home for lunch.

1 comments:

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

I hear chewing gum is supposed to be a good solution for moles - chew up a piece and stick it in a hole they have made.