Thursday, April 24, 2008

Demolition Man

Construction, or should I say destruction, has begun on the TV Cubby to eventually set up my HD TV. I'm a bit anxious to get it all done. I've been wanting to do this for about 4 years now and a night or two ago I pulled out a marker and started drawing lines and next thing I knew I had a saw in my hand (still in my work clothes I should mention).

I did get a bit overzealous though on how wide it should be. It's looking like it'll be around 53" right now. I've gotta do something about that. Possibly, that'll be a piece of trim on each side to create a nice smooth edge and reduce the width to around 50". Anyway, now that I'm done tearing stuff up, it's time to put it back together and figure out how to use spackling. I'm definitely wanting to have this thing done in the next month and buy a TV shortly afterwards.

All the pictures are here: TV Cubby

2 comments:

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

the Christmas garland is a nice touch - you know, since it's April and all.

Aaron Smith said...

Sweet cuppin' cakes. This is going to be an awesome setup, when it's done. Drew needs to get the extra wide Wii sensor bar, though.